Have you ever noticed that while you know tons of things that you discover when traveling abroad or thousands of miles from your home town, you sometimes lack knowledge about the area you actually live in. Do you ever wonder how many local attractions and sights you can see on a quarter of a gas tank? Here are top five Los Angeles attractions you can visit on a quarter of a gas tank.
1. Disneyland and California Adventure – $4/gas (30 miles)
From the charm of Main Street, U.S.A to the whimsy of Mickey’s Toontown, explore eight fantastic “lands” of nostalgia, color and delight. Let your imagination run free in a magic kingdom where life is a fairy tale and dreams really do come true. Disney’s California Adventure Park is adjacent to Disneyland® Park. Disney’s California Adventure® Park offers exciting attractions, live shows, shopping and dining experiences in four distinctly themed lands: Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Golden State, Paradise Pier and “a bug’s land”.
* Hours: Disneyland Park. 9:00 am – 11:00 pm. Disney’s California Adventure Park. 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
* Reservations: Not required
* 2011 Cost: $76 Single Day Theme Park Ticket – Ages 10 and Up, $68 Single Day Theme Park Ticket – Ages 3-9
* Parking: $15
* Location: On Interstate 5, south from LA. Exit Disneyland Drive and turn left (South). Then Proceed across Ball Road. Use the left three lanes to access the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure.
* How Long: Allow about a day to see everything in one park, longer when the park is busy
* Best Time to Visit is January through March and September through October. These months are lower in park attendance.
* More Info at http://disneyland.disney.go.com
2. Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – $4/gas (30 miles)
Take on the world’s most thrilling collection of extreme coasters including TATSU, GOLIATH, and the all-new X2, the next generation of the first-of-its-kind 4th dimensional coaster, opened in summer of 2008. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – right next door, enjoy a tropical paradise with 23 exciting slides and dozens of splashy adventures for water-loving thrill seekers of all ages. Only Six Flags Hurricane Harbor has it all: Tornado, the Black Snake Summit water slide complex, and Lizard Lagoon, the ultimate summer chill-out zone. (Separate admission ticket is required for Hurricane Harbor)
* Hours: Open every day in summer, closed weekdays during school year (except during holidays)
* Reservations: Not required
* 2011 Cost: $ 59.99 Thrill Pass, $125.00 Xtreme Pass, Hurricane Harbor General Admission – $44.99
* Parking: $15
* Location: North of Los Angeles on Interstate 5, at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit
* How Long: Allow about a day to ride everything, longer when the park is busy
* Best Time to Visit: Busiest on school holidays and in summer (also hottest), less busy on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday if open. Weather may close some rides, so don’t go on a day when it’s raining or windy. If you go in summer, when the park is open very late, consider arriving in mid-afternoon.
* More Info at http://www.sixflags.com/magicMountain/info/parkInfo.aspx
3. Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City – $3/gas (22 miles)
Knott’s was once an actual berry farm is now 160 acres of world class rides, unique family shows and one of kind attractions. At America’s favorite theme park, experience GhostRider the world’s best wooden roller coaster, Supreme Scream, 30-stories up, 3 seconds down and the high-octane thrill of Xcelerator, rated the world’s best launch coaster, sending riders 0-80 in 2.3 seconds. For a different type of thrill, stroll on over to Camp Snoopy, home to the beloved PEANUTS gang. Located next to Knott’s Berry Farm, Soak City is a well-designed and spotless water park located across Beach Boulevard from Knott’s Berry Farm. For the adventure seekers, Malibu Run, and its four slides, Dropoff, Wave Chaser, Heavy Swell, and Rincon, as well as Old Man Falls, a 62-foot (19 m) high, triplet of speed slides. There is also the Laguna Storm Watch Tower, which offers three completely enclosed slides, and don’t forget Banzai Falls, a six-lane waterslide race down bumps.
* Hours: Theme park is open 364 days a year, 10 am – 10 pm (some dates closed earlier). Soak City open May – September
* Reservations: Not required
* 2011 Cost: Single Day Ticket Adult – $56.99, Children ages 3-11 – $24.99. Soak City Full-Day Prices Adult $26.99, Children ages 3-11, $21.99
* Parking: $9
* Location: From I-5 North, merge onto CA-91 West and take the 113c exit. Follow CA-39/Beach Blvd exit towards Buena Park. Take a left on Beach Blvd/CA-39s. Follow this to your destination at 8039 Beach Blvd.
* How Long: Allow about a day to ride or swim everything, longer when the park is busy
* Best Time to Visit: Busiest on weekends, less busy on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday.
* More Info at http://www.knotts.com/park/guest/index.shtml
4. Universal Studios Hollywood Park – $2/gas (15 miles)
With thrilling park rides and shows, a real working movie studio and L.A’s best shops, restaurants and all-new cinemas at CityWalk, Universal Studios Hollywood is a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family. The first-ever mega-attraction based on the blockbuster TV series, The Simpsons. Featuring the show’s classic humor and many of its instantly recognizable characters – all voiced by the original actors. Experience hair-raising thrills and heart-pounding surprises on rides like the Revenge of the Mummy thrill coaster and the Jurassic Park 80-foot raft plunge. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows such as ‘Desperate Housewives’ and The War of the Worlds. Explore Hollywood’s famous backlot and see sets, special effects and insider secrets on the Studio Tour. Join Shrek and Donkey on an ogre-the-top adventure in Shrek 4-D.
* Hours: Open daily 9 am – 8 p.m., except Thanksgiving and December 25
* Reservations: Not required, but buy tickets in advance to save time in line
* 2011 Cost: Single Day Ticket Adult – $74, Children ages 3-11 – $66.
* Parking: $12
* Location: North of Hollywood off US 101
* How Long: Allow about a day to enjoy all attractions
* Best Time to Visit: Busiest in summer, spring and fall are best, so if it is winter, even if it’s a rainy, many attractions are inside
* More Info at http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/
5. Raging Waters Park in San Dimas – $4/gas (30 miles)
Grab the family, your spouse, and best friend- whatever, just get up and go! From the lazy river ride to the speed slides, this park is sure to please everyone looking for a soaking good time. Experience the thrills of riding the perfect wave. Feel the power of the ocean as 36,000 gallons of water flow under you a minute. Slice back and forth across the water on a surf board or a body board. Catch a wave or just watch the action, the Flowrider is an innovation in extreme and it demands an audience.
* Hours: Open daily May through September, 10 am – 7 p.m.
* Reservations: Not required
* 2011 Cost: Season Pass Adult – $64.99, Children ages 3-11 – $19.99.
* Parking: $10
* Location: Take the 10 Freeway East to the 57 North. Exit Raging Waters Drive. Turn Left and follow the signs
How Long: Allow about a day to enjoy all water attractions
* Best Time to Visit: Busiest on weekends, less busy on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday
* More Info at http://www.ragingwaters.com
So if you have a free weekend at your disposal and a car without certain plans on what to visit in Los Angeles just simply fill your tank and go visit exciting LA destinations.
Galina Tulchinsky is a Los Angeles area expert tour guide specializing in private, group and shopping tours from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara and Las Vegas. For more information about Los Angeles area tours call at 1-800-761-1775 or to see more details about our tours visit http://www.LATravelTours.com
Top 5 Los Angeles Attractions
Filed under: hot, los angeles activities, los angeles activity, los angeles atractions, los angeles attraction, los angeles fun, los angeles touring, los angeles tourism, los angeles tourist, los angeles tourist attractions, los angeles trip, los angeles trips, los angeles what to do, los angeles where to go, activities in la, activities in los angeles, activities los angeles, activity in los angeles, activity los angeles, anaheim california attractions, attraction in la, attraction in los angeles ca, attraction in los angeles california, attraction los angeles attraction in los angeles, attractions for kids in los angeles, attractions in la, attractions in los angeles, attractions in los angeles area, attractions in los angeles ca, attractions in los angeles california, attractions in los angeles for kids, attractions los angeles california, attractions of los angeles, best attractions in los angeles, california los angeles attractions, cecil hotel la, cecil hotel los angeles, city los angeles, concerts in la, deals los angeles, disney los angeles, disneyland, disneyland los angeles, downtown los angeles, downtown los angeles attractions, events in los angeles, events los angeles, family attractions in los angeles, famous attractions in los angeles, famous places in los angeles, fun places in los angeles, go los angeles, griffith park observatory, holiday los angeles, holidays in los angeles, holidays los angeles, holidays to los angeles, hollywood los angeles attractions, interesting places in los angeles, kids attractions in los angeles, kids attractions los angeles california, la activities, la attraction, la ca, la california, la california attractions, la deals, la holidays, la packages, la places, la sights, la things to do, la tourism, la tourist, la travel, la travel deals, la travel guide, la vacations, la zoo, las angeles, lax, local attractions in los angeles, Los Angeles, los angeles activities, los angeles activity, los angeles airport, los angeles area attractions, los angeles attraction, los angeles attractions, los angeles attractions coupons, los angeles attractions for adults, los angeles attractions for children, los angeles attractions kids, los angeles attractions map, los angeles attractions things to do, los angeles attractions top 10, los angeles beaches, los angeles ca, los angeles ca sightseeing, los angeles ca travel, los angeles california, los angeles california attractions, los angeles california toturist attractions, los angeles california tourism, los angeles chamber of commerce, Los Angeles City, los angeles city map, los angeles city pass, los angeles concerts, los angeles deals, los angeles downtown attractions, los angeles events, los angeles events calendar, los angeles events this weekend, los angeles holiday, los angeles holiday packages, los angeles holidays, Los Angeles Hotel Deals, los angeles kids attractions, los angeles landmarks, los angeles main attractions, los angeles major attractions, los angeles map of attractions, los angeles museums, los angeles packages, los angeles places of interest, los angeles places to visit, los angeles realtor, los angeles shopping, los angeles shows, los angeles sights and attractions, los angeles sites and attractions, los angeles street map, los angeles things to do, los angeles things to see, los angeles top attractions, los angeles tour attractions, los angeles tourism, los angeles tourist attraction, los angeles tourist attractions, los angeles tourist attractions map, los angeles tourist attractions top 10, los angeles tourist information, los angeles tourist spots, los angeles travel, los angeles travel deals, los angeles travel guide, los angeles travel package, los angeles traveling angeles los travel, los angeles trip, los angeles vacation, los angeles vacation attractions, los angeles vacations, los angeles visit, los angeles visitor attractions, los angeles visitors bureau, los angeles visitors guide, los angeles what to do, los angeles zoo, los angles, main attractions in los angeles, major attractions in los angeles, map of los angeles attractions, museums in los angeles, museums los angeles, natural attractions in los angeles, places in la, places in los angeles, places in los angeles california, places to go in la, places to go in los angeles, places to see in la, places to visit los angeles, shows in la, shows in los angeles, sightseeing in la, sightseeing in los angeles, sightseeing in los angeles ca, starline tours los angeles, things do, things do los angeles, things to do in los angeles ca, things to do la, things to do los angeles, things to see in la, top 10 attractions in los angeles, top attractions in los angeles, top los angeles attractions, tourism in los angeles, tourism los angeles, tourist attraction in los angeles, tourist attraction los angeles, tourist attractions, tourist attractions in la, tourist attractions in los angeles, tourist attractions in los angeles area, tourist attractions in los angeles ca, tourist attractions in los angeles california, tourist attractions los angeles, tourist attractions los angeles ca, travel guide los angeles, travel in los angeles, travel la, travel los angeles, travel to los angeles, trip to los angeles, trips to los angeles, Universal Studios, universal studios los angeles, upcoming events in los angeles, vacations los angeles, visit la, visit los angeles, visiting la, visiting los angeles, what to do in la, what to do in los angeles, what to do los angeles, what to see in la, wilshire plaza hotel los angeles